This recipe makes roast potatoes that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Just amazing for a cold winters evening on a roast dinner with yorkshire puds, meat, vegetables and lashings of homemade gravy.
1kg Floury potatoes such as maris pipers.
Finely chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put a scoop of goose fat in a large roasting tray and place in oven for oil to heat.
- Peel and then chop potatoes into medium size chunks.
- Boil a pot of salted water and then add in potatoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and then shake them inside the cullender until the outsides get slightly fluffy looking then pat them dry with a clean tea towel.
- Take roasting tray out of the oven and add in the potatoes. Use an old pasty brush to coat them in the hot oil. sprinkle over some thyme and garlic powder then place in the oven for 35-45 mins.
- Turn them over every 15 mins so all sides get brown and crispy.
- Take out, serve and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this post then please share. Thank you.