1 roasted chicken (Or 4 chicken breasts cooked and torn to pieces)
1 splash of single cream
220ml each of chicken and veg stock
1 pack of smoked bacon, chopped
2 leaks chopped
50g frozen peas.
30g unsalted butter and a tiny bit of oil
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Ready rolled Puff pasty (I won’t tell if you don’t)
1) preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2) Strip the chicken of meat and place to one side.
3) Sauté the bacon, garlic and onion/leeks in the butter and oil until soft on a medium heat.
4) Add in flour and stir
5) Keep the heat set to medium and then add in the stocks a tiny bit at a time followed by the milk. If too thick add more milk, if too thin add corn flour.
6) Add in the tiny splash of cream.
7) Add in chicken and the peas and stir. Season with salt or pepper to taste. Cook for 2 more minutes and then take off the heat.
8) Now if you want traditional pie line the pie dish with pastry and blind bake the pastry for 10 mins.
9) If like me you just like a pastry topping place chicken mix in the pie dish and cover with pastry. Trim off the excess and glaze with milk or egg.
Now place in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees C) and bake until the pastry is golden brown. Usually about 40 minutes but check it often.