Lately I have been feeling a little bit down and so I figured I would search the web for a few little snippets of happiness to cheer myself up. My efforts earned me quite a few smiles and I thought I would share them with you. Smile and enjoy.
1) Cows have best friends who they spend most of their time with. If separated they can get separation anxiety.
2) There is a type of jellyfish that can technically live forever by restarting its life cycle each time it gets old.
3)Blind people smile when happy, even when they have have never witnessed another person doing so.
4)A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
5)Otters hold hands whist sleeping so that they don’t drift away from each other and they also have a special pocket of skin to keep their favourite rock in.
6)The minerals that we are made up of originally came from the inside of collapsing stars. We are all made out of star dust.
7)Cancer death rates are down 20% in twenty years and keep decreasing as time goes on.
8)Butterflies taste with their feet.
9)Rats giggle when tickled. Though you need special equipment to hear them.
10) A male pigs orgasam can last up to 30 minutes. Lucky pigs…
11)There is a prison in Washington that takes in abandoned cats for inmates to look after as a form of rehabilitation.
12)A group of pugs is called a grumble.
13)A group of bunnies is called a fluffle.
14)Cuddling helps people to heal quicker because it releases a hormone called oxytocin.
15) woman can orgasam whist giving birth.
16) The actor that voices Winnie the pooh rings up sick children to help cheer them up.
17) when two people are in love and stare into each other’s eyes their heart beats sync up.
18) Every year hundreds of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels who forget where they have planted their nuts.
19) A group of honey birds is called a charm.
20) Octopi seem to like shiny objects and will often collect them.
21) In the 1630’s tulips were worth more than gold and could be used as currency in Holland.
22) Hand shakes are thought to have began as a symbol of peace because it indicated that the people’s hands held no weapons.
23) Someone somewhere will be having the best day of their life.
24) Baby bunnies are called kittens.
25) when rabbits twist and jump out of excitement it’s called a binky.
26) The actor and actress who played micky and Minnie mouse married each other.
27) worms communicate by snuggling with each other.
28) smiling lowers stress whether your faking it or not.
29) giraffes can clean their ears with their own tongue. It’s around 21 inches long and super flexible.
30) Honey is the only food that will ever spoil.
31) In Sweden there is a rabbit show called Kaninhoppning.
32) Dr Martin Luther king Jr engaged in a pillow fight on the day he was assassinated.
33) Cows produce the most milk whist listening to the song ‘everybody hurts’ by REM.
34) Goats have accents.
35) At one point very briefly you were the youngest person on Earth.
36) Sea horses mate for life and travel holding onto each others tails.
37) Male puppies will often just let females win when they play fight so that they can get to know them better.
38) Dolphins have names for each other.
39) There are window washers that dress up as super heros to cheer up sick kids.
40) If you pretend to laugh for long enough you’ll start to laugh in reality.
41) It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
42) Every human being spent around half an hour as a single cell.
43) A group of porcupines is called a prickle
44) apart from a sample in a lab small pox is completely extinct.
45) A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in Indiana.
46) Animals can dream.
47) Cats bring you gifts because they think that you are just a rubbish cat who can’t hunt or look after yourself.
48) There is a preschool in Japan that is designed to collect rainwater for the kids to play in.
49) The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.
50) A baby giant panda is about the same size as a stick of butter.
51) When Charlie Chaplin entered a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest he lost.
52) A male penguin proposes to a female penguin with a pebble which has been specially picked out for her.
53) Caligula named his favourite horse a senator.
54) Eugene Cernan was the last man to step on the moon. He wrote his daughters initials there and they will probably last for over 500,000 years.
55) This animal exists. It’s called a quokka and it’s got a permanent smile.
56) A penguin called Nils Oliver was once knighted in Scotland by a visiting Norwegian regiment.
57) No two dogs nose prints are alike.
58) In April 1930 the BBC reported that there was no news so played piano instead.
59) A cat version of the corgi exists, it’s called the munchkin cat.
60) The Beatles use the word ‘love’ 613 in their songs.
61) We have less crime, better health, longer lives and less poverty than at any other time in history.
62) The chance of you being born instead on someone else was about 1 in 40 million.
If these have made you smile please share with you friends and add a bit of happiness to their day.