These were my attempt to invent a healthier treat for my toddler and they are so good! A little heavier than a sugary cake and slightly less sweet but considering they only have two grams of sugar per cake I think the trade-off is worth it!
A pair of spoons.
120g Butter (Room temp)
5tbsp Sweetener (Splender or Stevia works well)
25g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
110g Self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder (Optional)
1 calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC (gas mark 5) and place your cake cases into a muffin tray.
- Cream the butter, sweetener and sugar together until its looks fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat it for a few seconds to mix well.
- Fold in all of the other ingredients except the cooking spray until you have a thick smooth batter.
- If you wish to have chocolate cakes then add in the cocoa and stir it well.
- Using two spoons share the batter between the cake cases and then give each cake one spritz of cooking spray.
- place them in the oven for 12 mins, after this time you can check that they are done by lightly pressing the top. If they spring back and are golden brown in colour then they are done. If not check back 2 mins later and try again, do not over cook them otherwise they will dry out.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack and if you fancy some sugar after all then you can lightly dust them with icing sugar or just leave them as is.
- Store in an air tight container for 3 days or freeze.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow both my Twitter and Facebook pages, both of which are linked below. Thank you so much for reading.
6 thoughts on “Easy, Low Sugar Fairy Cakes”
These made me so hungry for something sweet! For the sake of my skin though I really need to try something like this. Thank you for sharing!! Lots of love xx