Oh dear, oh dear I mentioned the word microwave in a cookery/lifestyle blog….. But never fear because this a useful little cookery hack which will come in handy time and time again.
The difference in taste and texture is negliable when compared to ‘the real thing.’ Plus poached egg on whole grain toast is a healthy breakfast that sets you up for the day.
It might take a little trial and error to get the timings right because every microwave is different but it’s worth the effort. Mmmmm, yummy!
1tsp of vinegar
Enough cold water to cover the egg
Salt and pepper
- Spray the inside of the cup with cooking spray then crack in the egg being careful to not break the yolk.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in enough cold water to fully cover the egg and then add in the vinegar.
- Gently stab the yolk with a fork once.
- Cover with cling film and poke a tiny hole in the top using a knife.
- Place in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds and then gently turn the egg over using the slotted spoon and recover.
- Microwave for another 15 seconds and check. If its done, remove from the cup using the slotted spoon and rest it on a plate covered with kitchen towel. If not repeat.
- Great served on top of a slice of hot buttery toast.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow both my Twitter and Facebook pages, both of which are linked below. Thank you so much for reading.