disclaimer: I may use affiliate links in this post.
These are sweet and crunchy and very moreish, I had to give away almost all of my test batch to try to save my waists line.
They are exactly how I feel a cookie should be. Crunchy on the outside and a little gooey on the inside.
Give these tasty little nibbles a go, you won’t be disappointed.
35g Ground Almonds
100g Unsalted butter (Softened)
100g Light brown sugar
1 Medium egg.
40g Good quality dark chocolate chips
100g Self raising flour
1 Tsp Almond essence
30g Chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and almond essence and stir until combined.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients, except the chopped Almonds.
- Using your fingers, gather the dough into a ball and then place it back into the mixing bowl.
- Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour your surface and then roll the dough so its 2cm thick and using a cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and lay them on a baking tray that’s been lined with grease proof paper.
- sprinkle and then press the chopped almonds into the top of the cookies.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your oven until they are golden brown on top (about 12 minutes)
- Cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow both my Twitter and Facebook pages, both of which are linked below. Thank you so much for reading.
3 thoughts on “Almond and Chocolate Chip Cookies.”