This is so simple to do and is an ideal summer desert. Buttery, moist with a slight tang from the fruit.
360g frozen mixed summer fruits
40g icing sugar
110g softened unsalted butter
110g Self raising flour
2 medium eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
- Place 360g of frozen mixed summer fruits in the bottom of a greased oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle 40g icing sugar over the top.
- Make a basic sponge mix. Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy then fold in the other sponge ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the fruit
- Cook in a 200oc preheated oven for 20 mins or until the sponge is cooked. (Has risen and a golden brown on top)
- Cool for 20 mins in the dish and then tip out onto a plate so the fruit is on top!
- Serve with cream, ice- cream or on its own.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow both my Twitter and Facebook pages, both of which are linked below. Thank you so much for reading.