Disclaimer: I may use affiliate links in this post.
So after a super stressful week my partner was kind enough to being me really dark chocolate and a bunch of beautiful flowers.
I’m a lucky girl.
I however wanted something even more indulgent, something that could potentially add on 5lb to my waistline with a single cup. Naturally with the minimum of effort.
This was the result:
Rich, creamy and decadent with a hint of almond goodness hidden within. I keep telling myself that I was being good because I used semi skimmed milk and super dark chocolate but honestly I’m lying. It’s just too naughty for words but what can I say?
I’m worth it!
Ingredients: (one mug)
300ml Semi skimmed milk.
45g 70% Dark chocolate.
50ml Extra thick whipping cream.
1 Heaped tsp smooth almond butter.
- Whip the cream with 1tbsp of sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Best to use an electronic mixer for this job. Put it to one side until your drink is done.
- Place the milk in your mug. (Pick a large, microwave safe mug)
- Break 40g of the chocolate into small pieces and add to the milk.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Do this in 30 second intervals, stirring each time. DO NOT forget to take your spoon out of the cup each time it goes back into the microwave. Add on 30 seconds more if the milk isn’t hot enough.
- Stir in the almond butter and the rest of the sugar until the almond butter melts.
- Spoon your whipped cream on top (it’s been a really hot day so mine went flat right away) and using a cheese grater, grate the last bit of chocolate over the cream.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow both my Twitter and Facebook pages, both of which are linked below. Thank you so much for reading.