This traditional pudding is both quick and very indulgent. They are best made a good few hours before serving so that they have time to set properly in the fridge. I don’t recommend that pregnant woman or small children eat this dessert due to the use of raw eggs.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
40g 70% Good quality dark chocolate
2tbsp Cocoa powder
2 Eggs (separated)
1tsp Lemon juice
20g Caster Sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (set to half-power.) It’s important that you do it in intervals of 20 seconds and stir well after each to prevent the chocolate from burning. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks, the cocoa and the vanilla essence into the chocolate.
- Meanwhile using an electric whisk (in a very clean, non-greasy bowl) whip the egg whites with the lemon juice until they form soft peaks.
- Add in the sugar and whisk until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture, being careful to not knock the air out of the eggs.
- Share between two serving dishes and then cover with cling film. These need to chill for at least 2 hours before being eaten.
If you enjoyed this post then please consider following me on Facebook and twitter, using the links below. Any shares of my work on social media are also really appreciated. Thank you!