Full disclosure: I am tired and really, really, REALLY could not be bothered cooking this evening. I have already prepped tomorrow nights Spaghetti Bolognase but for some reason my initial plan of cottage pie for tonight seemed like way too much effort to even contemplate.
I had a quick rummage in my fridge and found a random selection of ingredients that needed using up. Lo and behold this 5 minute pasta dish was born; due to pure exhaustion and laziness on my part. Being a mummy is hard work, especially when the toddler is being a little… Hem hem.
Let’s just say I nearly cheered when bedtime arrived. Just as well I love that adorable little dot isn’t it! Wouldn’t be without her but I really think that toddlers should come with a, ‘oh dear God mummy needs a cup of coffee in peace’ button. Life would be sooo much easier. I’m joking of cause but seriously I just needed a quick easy meal and then an hour of collapse out in front of the TV time.
Anyway back to my little throw things in a pot and see what happens experiment. It was really quite tasty and healthy considering it took about 5 mins to cook from scratch. I know houmous seems like an odd match with pasta but it’s basically a ready made sauce and works really well! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
250g Fresh egg fusilli pasta.
1 Beef tomato diced.
150g Plain houmous.
25ml Peri peri sauce.
125ml of the pasta’s cooking water saved. (Take it out just before you drain the pasta.)
125g Firm goats cheese sliced into 1cm cubes.
Ground black pepper to taste.
- Get all of your ingredients ready and boil the kettle.
- Cook the pasta for 3 1/2 minutes in lightly salted boiling water in a large pan.
- When it’s finished cooking save 125ml of the pasta’s water (The starch in it will thicken the sauce with the minimum of effort).
- Put the water, humous, tomato and peri peri sauce in the pan and stir over a low heat for a few seconds.
- Add back in the pasta and cook for a further minute while stiring.
- Share between two bowls and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Grind some pepper over it and them enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe then please follow me on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe to my email list. Thank you for reading!