You know when you REALLY fancy a chocolaty dessert but you really can’t be bothered baking? Luckily for me I had a few bits and pieces lying around to make this little beauty in under five minutes. It’s easy and tasty and will satisfy your sweetie cravings without having to wait all afternoon. I admit that perhaps it isn’t quite as good as a real home-made cake but as a quick fix it’s perfect!
I used a homemade madeira cake that was originally earmarked for something quite unrelated. I had some left over and I really do hate to waste food so here it is; a chocolaty, orangery delight with some raspberries thrown in to add the illusion of some good old-fashioned healthiness. Mmmm tangy, sweet and oh so lazy.
50g Madeira cake (Shop bought is fine)
25g Good quality chocolate (milk or dark)
10g Unsalted butter.
15 Raspberries (12 halved, 3 whole)
1/2 Orange’s juice.
- Crumble the cake into a bowl and stir in the orange juice.
- Put the chocolate and the butter into a microwave safe dish and melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each time. (Remember to remove the spoon after each stir!) This works best if your microwave is set to half power.
- Put half of the chopped raspberries at the bottom of your glass or bowl and then add in half of the cake.
- Place the second half of the raspberries followed by the cake into your bowl.
- Pour over the melted chocolate, making sure to let it cool for about two minutes.
- Place the three whole raspberries on top.
- Most importantly, enjoy!
If you enjoyed this post, please follow my Twitter and Facebook pages and subscribe to my blog. Thank you for reading!