This is a nice, simple side dish that goes well with most meats and fish. I decided to have it as a side to my peri peri chicken and some pasta. It was very tasty with a slight amount of spice from the Chipotle coming through.
This side dish can easily be frozen when cooled for upto a month in an airtight container.
1tbsp Olive oil.
2 Courgettes (sliced into 1cm thick slices).
125ml Red wine.
400g Tin of tomatoes.
1tsp Granulated sugar.
2 Cloves of garlic (Crushed).
1 Chicken stock cube.
1tsp Mixed herbs.
30g Grated cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add in the courgettes.
- Fry them while sting constantly for 5 mins and then add in the garlic.
- Cook for a further 2 mins and then add in the rest of the ingredients and stir them well.
- Turn the heat down low and mostly cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 30 mins, stiring regularly.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the cheese over the top and leave it to melt for a few minutes.
If you enjoyed this post then please consider subscribing to my blog and following me on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you for reading.