500g White bread mix
2tsp Almond essence
50g Desiccated Coconut
60g Chopped Apricots
1/2 tsp Baking powder
310ml Warm water
30g Ground almonds
Small bit of milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Place all of the ingredients except the milk into a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Let the dough rest for 10 mins under a clean, damp tea towel.
- Kneed for between 5 and 10 minutes until the dough bounces back when pressed lightly.
- Cover with a clean, damp tea towel and allow the dough to rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and place in the centre of the tray and brush with the milk.
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until its golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Alternatively you can put the mix into a bread maker and place on the white bread setting.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack then wrap in cling film and store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Thanks for reading and sorry my bread photo is a little doughy! I got impatient and took the photo too soon.
2 thoughts on “Easy Almond and Fruit Bread”
I should not have read this on an empty stomach lol I might try this recipe soon!
Deanna from deannastilwell.com
LikeLiked by 1 person